This is the best pizza crust recipe! I’ve been trying to find the best one for only…20 years! After a little food science research, I figured out the best water to flour ratio for a home oven. With out the parchment paper, it would be near impossible to make this work. If you want the crust to be crispy and chewy, you must keep the water content high. Don’t be tempted to add more flour.
Remember to crank your oven to the highest temp setting and adjust the oven rack to the center of the oven. Yummy home-made pizza that rivals any pizza joint awaits you!
1. Dissolve yeast until it is foaming, about 5 minutes
3. With the food processor running, pour 1 table-spoon of olive oil through the feed and follow with the water/yeast mixture.
4. Blend until dough forms a ball and turn out on to a floured surface and knead the dough a couple of times.
5. Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until the dough doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Turn dough out on to the counter and cut into 2 pieces. Stretch dough over the parchment in a circular motion. Top with your favorite toppings!
7. Slide pizza on to a cookie sheet and slide directly into preheated oven on the middle rack. Check to make sure the bottom does not burn. If the crust is getting to dark, move pizza up one rack in the oven.
8. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Pizza crust (lisgilliam.wordpress.com)
- Make It: Healthy Gluten Free Pizza (fitsugar.com)
- Gluten Free Friday: Pizza Crust (potsandplots.wordpress.com)